Turnbuckle Boot Cap

I realise that I have made a number of posts on Google+, without posting first on my blog. This is the first of several posts that I will be making to correct that oversight…

Sailing boats typically have plastic or rubber cylindrical covers for the lower part of the shrouds and stays (the wires that hold up the mast). These covers are apparently called “Turnbuckle Boots”.

Turnbuckle boots should be topped off with caps, but it is quite common to see the caps broken or missing entirely.

Turnbuckle Boot Cap is a replacement for those caps. It is fully parametric and printed perfectly without support:

comments powered by Disqus